Cambridgeshire Enhanced Response Area status from 1st November 2021 has the following recommendations for events:
- Wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed areas where you come into contact with people you do not usually meet’
- Get your vaccinations, test regularly and particularly before attending events, meet with others outside their households in well ventilated spaces and wash hands regularly and well
Welcome to the family of St Mary’s Godmanchester and St Mary Magdalene Hilton from Revd. David Busk
“We believe that the Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin, Godmanchester, exists to build up the individual and corporate spiritual life of our Church and to spread the love of Christ through word and deed, by enabling those who live and work within our town to come into contact with God’s love and come to faith in Christ”.
IN-PERSON SUNDAY SERVICES IN BOTH CHURCHES ARE NOW BACK TO NORMAL at 9.30am in Godmanchester and 8am in Hilton
Please note that masks will no longer be required in church, and distancing need not be observed and singing will resume but communion will still be in one kind only, the consecrated bread.
Dear Godmanchester Church Family,
The PCC met this week and we discussed the pattern of worship. Here is what it looks like for now, but in these changing times this is unlikely to be set in stone for ever.
- Sung Eucharist at 9.30 am every Sunday, except for Parish Praise Sundays (see below), and special events such as Worship in the Park (Sept. 12th), Civic Service (Oct. 10th) , etc.
- Parish Praise moves to the 3rd Sunday of alternate months (previously 4th), beginning on September 19th.
- Prayer for Healing to take place during the Sung Eucharist on the 1st Sunday of the month (previously 3rd) from September 5th
- Evensong at 6.30 pm on a Sunday to become a monthly service rather than a weekly one, to be held on the 4th Sunday of the month from September 26th. We hope that there will be a larger choir than usual for this, perhaps with an anthem, and that it will be more of an ‘event’, with more people attending, than the weekly ones. Evening Prayer, with no music, will be said in church on the Sundays when there is no Evensong.
- 8.00 am Eucharist will be held each Sunday from September 5th. Morning Prayer on the first Sunday of the month will be replaced by the Eucharist.
- The 11.15 am Sunday Zoom service will move to a mid-week time, to be announced.
- The mid-week Thursday Eucharist in church at 9.45 am continues, as does daily Compline at 6.30 pm by Zoom (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88296204382?pwd=N3VoUXhwQXBLS3BSK0JpZ0V3Vmc2dz09)
I am very pleased that we are able to resume the monthly services at The Chestnuts (1st Wednesday at 11.00 am) and McCartney House (4th Wednesday, probably at 9.45 am). Thanks to the residents who have kindly organised this for us.